The academic staff of the Subject Area of Cultural and Gender History offers a wide range of cultural and gender-historical topics, perspectives and sources in their courses. Primarily, the focus is on the following research core areas:
- Gender theory, cultural theory and intersectionality
- Women’s history, gender history and history of masculinities
- Body history and sexualities
- Research on auto-/biographies and personal testimonial
- First World War and violence
- Nationalism and National Socialism
- Environmental history and activism
- Travel and tourism
- Mobilities and migrations
- Cultures of remembrance and materiality
Cultural and gender history is taught in various modules of the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programmes at the University of Graz. Information about the degree programmes can be found in the degree programme overview of the University of Graz. Registration for all courses is only possible via UniGrazOnline.
A list of courses from the Section of Cultural and Gender History available in the current semester can be found under course offer.
Head of subject area
Institut für Geschichte